Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Let's revisit the kitchen

As you may remember, before I got to lazy to blog, I have a previous post called The Kitchen Before and After: but still a work in progress, and it seems to progress to something else all the time. I think I may be about finished this time. THINK.  So when we moved into our home in August 2010, the kitchen looked like this.
And then we worked on it some and it then looked like this.
Ok sure, it's a million times better but It just wasn't what I wanted in the end. So I took the doors off all the cabinets and used bead board wall paper on some, and cut the middles out and put chicken wire in some. And I removed the horrible fake wall that was around the back of the fireplace.

I painted the inside of the cabinets red, and the walls a kind of teal blue color. I then painted the trim around the window red. The fridge used to be right next to a pantry that was by the stove so I still consider this a naked wall until I find what I'm looking for (or build it) and hung up one of the original pantry doors for a chalkboard in the mean time. I still have to install new counter tops as well.

I added more cabinets and pantry space on a naked wall. This already has the butcher block counter top that will go in the rest of the kitchen. Here is the left side
Here is the right side
We built this window/mirror out of 10 mirrors from the Dollar Tree to try and get more light into the kitchen since there is only the one tiny window over the sink. And it now looks good and uncluttered thanks to some fabulous Facebook friends!
And there you have it. My kitchen as it is today. Will I change it again? Hmmmm, probably!

No comments: