Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Reunion Crafts

So this past weekend I attended the 21st Annual Bullock Reunion in Paris, Arkansas. Part of what we do is bring a craft to "sell". The money helps fund the reunion for the following year. This is what I decided to take, although not all I made, lol.
This "set" included a cork board, magnetic board, dry erase board, and a chalk board.
The large frame was $1 and the cork board inside it was a free roadside find. The tacks were cute little erasers that I glued with E6000 onto plain thumbtacks.

The chalkboard was a platter from the Dollar Tree. I used a pop tab on the back to hang it on the wall. I already had the chalkboard paint of course.
The dry erase board frame was 50 cents. I already had the burlap I placed behind the glass and the pen was from the Dollar Tree.
The magnetic board was from a cookie sheet I already had. I had the paint too. This paint is Exotic Sea Gloss from Valspar, I LOVE this color! Again the magnets were made from cute little erasers from Dollar Tree that I glued on magnetic dots with E6000.
I also made these bubblegum "machines" to take. Aren't they cute?!
To make these all you need is some pots from the Dollar Tree.
Painted your choice of color. Here I used the same paint from Valspar. I also used glossy red from Rustoleum but don't have pictures of painting in process, hmmm.
Then you'll need some glass bowls. I bought both from the Dollar Tree but in the end decided to go with the fish bowl look.
Then you'll need pacifiers. I picked up this 2 pack from Dollar Tree. Cut off the nipple and handle.
I painted these with some left over paint from Rustoleum that I used to paint my dishwasher with.
I had these little plates that "came with" some other dishes I bought and were just sitting in my craft supply hutch along with these knobs. I still have a few left but I'm thinking if I want to make more, some toy dishes would be about the right size for the lids too. I only painted the top, food safety and all.

Glue on the pacifier (again with E6000, isn't it fabulous stuff?), add gumballs and voila! Your very own gumball machine!

I had a LOT of fun at the reunion and made some "purchases" myself  I will share later on. Can't wait for next year!

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="f6151d9788d1b70ae65d18d74c088de1"/>

2 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

That gumball machine is just genius!! What a brilliant idea!! I'm in awe!!

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.sz1979.com/home/space.php?uid=75643&do=blog&id=1714054]lv bags online sale[/url] regarding improving your BARB test lots


[url=http://www.0898ci.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=550885]hermes online outlet[/url] Folkenflik celebrity fad which too soon to make sure an authentic amount of money.


[url=http://www.szhsi.com/bbs/home.php?mod=space&uid=4749&do=blog&id=18755]cheap leather bags[/url] Baby uggs