Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Completed Laundry/Dining Room "Tour"

We moved in this house around August 2010. Finally, 3 years later, we got around to tearing down the walls in the laundry room to add insulation. Wow, what a mess! Not sure when this room was added on or worked on after but the walls were very random. I believe this room was a porch at one point and then enclosed. The ceiling is slanted which wasn't easy for a novice to work with, but to make it worse, the floor is uneven and the door frame is kinda cock-eyed.

But, we finally did it, well mostly. The door still needs some tweaking, but that will be saved for another day, the wind doesn't blow in the room and I'm happy about just that. There were boards and pieces of boards nailed into the 2x4s.
There was also plenty of nests inside the walls where parts were not sealed.
The weights, ropes and pulleys were dusty but in good shape.
But blah blah blah, we finished! I love the stripes behind the washer/dryer, don't you?
My laundry basket used to be my now wall color so it had to be painted too, looks great yellow, right?
No real decor in here when I took pics, but here is the dining room side
The dog door is on the east side of the house now, MUCH better.
I even created and hung a new light fixture.

So that completes the tour of my Laundry/Dining Room, next up is the Guest Room and the Wizard will have a new home!

Oh! I almost forgot, and people always ask,  my "blue" for my room is by Valspar (the only paint I use) and it's called Aqua Dance.





No comments: