Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The ever changing table

So one day I was out at a thrift store and found this little table and chair set for $19.99 and it came home with me.

Chuck sanded the ugly textured I have no idea green off of it and painted it to match the rest of the table.
Now that I look back at these pictures, it's funny to see my ladder back chairs blue when now they have been red for so long! Anyway, when we lived in this house I had a formal dining room and a kitchen nook so I had plenty of room. Now that we bought the big yellow house, I have no dining room at all and a small kitchen but I can't seem to give up either table. So the enclosed porch back room has become the laundry room on one side and dining room on the other side.
And this little table has recently taken up residence in my kitchen since I can leave the sides down for room if I want or put them up for more than 2 people to sit at if needed, although the chairs have been stored away.
And yes, it did turn black for a while. It was chalkboard. I thought it would be a fun homework table while I was watching my nephews. But since they have now gone, it was time for yet another change. It took a LOT of work for Chuck to get the paint off, but he finally did it and the end result is beautiful.




No comments: