Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Bathroom


The main bathroom in our home is of course added on after the fact. Older homes traditionally had bathrooms added on in the back of the house. Ours is on the other side of the kitchen (behind the hutch) and currently the only entryway is through a bedroom. I suppose maybe it was meant to be a master bedroom at one point, but it's so SMALL. (That's why I confiscated the parlor for the master) The bathroom is an OK size, but there is room to make it larger, and maybe we will one day, who knows?
You can see the clapboard under the sheetrock in the bathroom where we had to move the one outlet to put the new mirror in.
He hates electrical (lol) but he got it done like a champ :)

This is the medicine cabinet that was originally in the bathroom. It will be relocated to the upstairs bathroom which has NO mirror and NO storage whatsoever. And this is the sink/vanity that was in the bathroom. It was the ONLY storage in the bathroom at all. Where did previous owners put anything? This little beauty will be relocated to the mancave.
We found this larger beauty with LOTS of storage at ReStore for only $35! And the sink/countertop was only $5. Can you beat a deal like that?
This is what that cabinet looks like today with just a little paint. Isn't it beautiful? I knew immediately when I saw the cabinet in the bathroom I wanted a black and white bathroom and I think it turned out great.

Found this at a thrift store for $2, and with a little more paint and a piece of material.

I now have this. And the material on this, of course led to covering these

Which put me on the search for the perfect rug, which I eventually found at Target.

And by adding a black shower curtain liner behind the shower curtain, I think it matches up great!

Now I just needed some pictures to hang on the walls. I found some fabulous frames at a thrift store for $2 each, painted them, and ended up with these. There are 4 that all say bath in a different language.
Add in my $5 thrift store frame

And a mirror to fit it from ReStore, and I have a centerpiece for my new vanity.
I now needed a new floor that didn't blend in with the rug, and went with the same flooring that we put in the kitchen so I wouldn't have to worry about water. It's called Allure from Home Depot, and it's fabulous!
Painted the baseboard black, added in some 10cent jars I found to hold things in and a few decorations

Yes, even fall decorations. And I'm almost done! We now just need a new light fixture to replace the ugly bar lights we have now. I'm just having a hard time deciding on something. *sigh*
OH! I almost forgot to mention the new towel holders I made. I (he) just don't have them hung yet.
I am linking this here
Post a Comment