Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

The bathroom is finally finished (I think)

I talked about my bathroom a while back here, and while pleased with the progress, it wasn't all there yet. I knew I needed something to house towels in the bathroom, but due to limited space, I was never sure what that would be. I always carry around my handy dandy list of measurements of nearly EVERYTHING in my house and luckily I had it with me last week.
I saw this shelf, actually there were two of them, and it looked like the perfect size. Since he now carries around a tape measure everywhere we go, we measured and it was perfect. I saw it was only $3.98 and it was going home with me. My daughter was with us that day and I knew she needed a shelf for her bedroom. I asked her if she wanted the other one. She kinda sneered her nose so I said "It's $3.98" and her eyes lit up and she says "OH! Well let me look" (Wonder where she gets THAT from?) Yep, that one went home with me too on the condition I paint it for her.
See? It fits perfectly over there! I painted it the same gloss valspar black as the vanity. I'll show you a close up if you promise not to look at my mismatch of towels.
Well shoot, the picture is fuzzy. But trust me, it's beautiful! I also picked up a door knocker for the bathroom last week. And with a quick coat of spray paint (black, of course) It is now my hand towel holder. The first picture is right after painting, and the second after we (he) hung it up.


I got the towel hooks hung up also.


The last thing to go in was the light bar. I so hated the light bar that was there. It was too small for the space and didn't match a thing in there.

So we went out and bought a chandelier
Disassembled it, and used the light parts to build a new and better light bar that fits perfectly in there!


I love it every time I walk in there now! But does anyone know how to get the cat to stop throwing cotton balls all over the place?

Linky Parties I'm joining:





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

8 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Ha Ha my cat is obsessed with Q tips so no help there, just sympathy. The bathroom turned out great! That shelf was really a lucky find (and a steal!) Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

What a great idea of using a door knocker for a towel holder! So much more character! Your bathroom is looking great!

Samantha said...

Very cute bathroom! I love the his and hers towel holders and using the door knocker is ingenious!

Michelle L. said...

Hi, Michelle! Wow, you took apart a chandelier and made a light bar! What a great re-purposing, I'm so impressed. I do a lot of renovating, and am definitely bookmarking this. It looks so cool, thanks for a fab idea!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I'm totally inspired. I love the door-knocker ide and I can't believe that you trhought to reuse the chandelier for the light bar.....and taht you not only thought of it but also knew how to do it!

I have to pick my jaw up off the floor!!

Amazing!

I'm off to look at your other posts....

Thank you for your sweet comment on Modern Country Style, by the way. You made me laugh!

Sarahx

Michelle said...

Michelle and Sarah, I can't take all the credit for it for 2 reasons.....1) I *think* I saw the idea somewhere and 2) I tell HIM all the time, I am the idea lady and HE has to figure out how to make it work, LOL

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Love all the clever reinventions! Very creative.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, too.

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

Wow! I love the shelf you found, it is beautiful and unique! Your bathroom looks GREAT!