Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Small Projects

This is the before picture of an iron clock we found at a thrift store for $2. There was a huge tag on the back that said "Does NOT work". Even upon purchasing it, we were warned again that it didn't work, lol. I added a little black glaze, and 2 clock kits later (the first one didn't work *sigh*) It is now a finished project. Well almost........the hands don't stand out so well and I haven't decided on a color for them.
And better late than never, right? There was not an address marker on the house when we bought it. It's not really TOO important since our mail goes to a PO Box and people around here don't use the numbers either. "Where do you live?" "Big Yellow House" "Oh yeah" or "How do I find your house?" " "Look for the big yellow house". But I wanted something for the occasional times that UPS drops off a package here instead of at the post office. I decided to get seasonal with it and finally finished my fall marker yesterday.
The hubby is off work for a broken foot, so we've been getting out of the house here and there (you can only work so much, right?) and visiting thrift stores and such. We found a fabulous egg basket the other day for only $1 and I knew right where it would go.




I love the way it looks up there and better than the bare bulb! I recently changed out the curtain in the window too. I love the light that comes in now, but something is off. I think it's the curtain rod, I'll be looking for something better later.

I talked about painting a chalkboard on the pantry doors in the kitchen HERE. I finally got that done, found some chalk, but can't find an eraser, hmmm.

I had seen some outdoor hanging jar lights somewhere........and since I have an abundance of them, I thought I would try it too.


There have been a couple of larger things done I'll get around to talking about someday. But the list of unfinished projects seems to be larger than ever! I so need a system before my house fills up with family for Thanksgiving!

UPDATE:

We went to another thrift store yesterday (surprise, surprise) And I found 2 more egg baskets for 75 cents each! I bought them both. I decided I liked the kitchen light so much, I added one in the laundry AFTER it got a nice coat of red on it that is. The other one is hanging on a hook, waiting for duty or repurposing somewhere.

Oh, I also got that curtain rod for the kitchen I wanted for $1!! I so love a bargain and people who give away perfectly good items!


I am linking here:



HOG
http://www.thethriftyhome.comShow and Tell Green
Cherry World 1"/>
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

13 comments:

Lindy said...

Love the egg basket light cover -- very clever!

craftyles said...

Love the red egg basket light. How come I never find stuff like that? Very creative!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Egg basket as light covers/shades!!!! Clever. Clever.

I adore the little sofa in the previous post.

★Carol★ said...

You've been a busy, busy girl! I love your red kitchen and the basket lampshades so much. And the pumpkins with your address looks great!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Love the egg basket light cover. You're so clever, so much fun!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Unknown said...

I love your idea of the baskets over the light fiztures....especially the red one. That clock is great :)

Blessings!
Gail

Fowl Single File said...

I love your idea for an address marker! Simple and unique...great job!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Cute clock! Don't you just love it when you get a deal? I can't pass a thrift shop without stopping (to Mr.Vintagesoutherns dismay)
Happy Rednesday,
Annette

Angela said...

I just love love love everything you did..Each picture I looked at I thought..oh I like that,,oh I want to do that..oh my I want that,,lol

Room to Inspire said...

The egg basket is super clever - and I like your pumpkins. Even if you are the "big yellow house", the address pumpkins are a nice addition!

Chelsea

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

cute projects! love the egg basket idea!
gail
ps thanks for stopping by

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

I love your clock! You have made some great finds at thrift stores. Your use of egg baskets is very creative. By the way, thanks for visitng my blog and leaving such a nice compliment.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Pleeeease come with me next time I go thrifting. That clock was a complete bargain. Even if it didn't work it lloks gorgeous but I love it that you had the confidence to mend it.

I'm your new follower....

Sarahx