Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tomorrow is My Birthday

So I'm posed with the usual question of "What do you want?" Honestly, I have no idea. If I want something, I just get it. I've thought and thought about it and can only come up with new slippers. "That's it?" Yeah, that's it.

Until now. After a lot of thought, I think I want new furniture for the sun room. "Well, that's house stuff, that's not personal" Who cares? It's what I want. Could I have it even though it wasn't my birthday? Well....sure, but that's not the point. The furniture I have in here was free, that's right F.R.E.E. and it still amazes me at what people get rid of!



 This is how the sun room is now after I painted the horrible blue floor I complained about here. Isn't it wonderful? I didn't think I would ever get to the color of red I wanted. I didn't want the ready mixed tile or brick red that was out there. I wanted MY red. The red I love so much in my kitchen. The red I love so much in my hutch. MY red. 

I was told over and over "We can't make that" But after calling Valspar, I learned oh yes they can! I so LOVE Valspar paint, so I called them and they called my local Lowes (which I hate) but is the nearest place to me that carries their brand and spoke to the manager and told them how to mix it for me. This was after 3 visits with Lowes telling me NO WAY. I love Valspar even more now!




I love the wicker furniture in there, but I think I could love something else as well. A chair perhaps to curl up in and read a good book. A chair like this maybe?


This chair just happens to be at a sale that starts on my birthday at Urban Mining Homewares. Is it coincidence? I think not.

The next room on the list is the entry hall. I can't decide where to start. Wall color? Floor color?


*sigh*






Domestically Speaking
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

5 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Hello: I love your bloggie. You have quite a lovely thought process going on here. And I want to thank you for visiting Linda Oma's Olde Baggs n Stuft Shirts and saying you were interested in joining in the fun on March 19 for Celebrate OZ. I am so excited. I can hardly wait to see what everyone has to contribute to the fun. And I can hardly wait to see your collection. Welcome. The Olde Bagg herself, Linda

elena nuez said...

happy birthday from Spain!!!
I love the big yellow house!!!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It looks as though your sun room (I just love that phrase. Sun room. Makes me think of summer and warmth and loveliness!) is coming along fantastically!

Sarahx

About Southern Belle said...

From what I can see, the color of your floor is like deep burgundy. Its very nice!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

....and I think this DEFINITELY counts as an inspiration post!! I LOVE the chair you're thinking of.

Sarahx