Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Wizard has a new home

So recently I told you about a hutch top we bought for $9.99 here. We also had an end table we picked up on the side of the road somewhere (that I cannot find a picture of) that we used for this project. My fabulous husband built a base, added the legs and TaDa!
It's my new Hutch to hold all of my Wizard of Oz Memorabilia! Well ok, it still doesn't all fit, but more of it fits in this one than the last one!



I had acquired a toddler size pair of ruby slippers somewhere along the line and took those out, added them to a frame I had painted and TaDa, I have a new wall hanging!
I adore those hanging shoes! The only problem I encountered was how to cover up the insides of the shoes. Of course my head jumped to paint and stuck there so I had to call my Mommy who suggested stuffing them, Genius! I added the birdhouse sign above it that says "There's no place like home" to tie in all the birdhouses that I also have in my sun room.
I hung this poster up only to have to move it to another wall so I could fit my other two pictures up. My walls are mostly windows and I'm running out of room!
And since one thing leads to another and I moved my Wizard of Oz stuff out of the entry hall, I had to move a few other things around to dress my entry hall which is still a work in progress.




Yep, a lot of empty frames while working on placement. I'll work on filling them later ;)

Photobucket
Cherry World 1"/>
Beyond The Picket Fence

6 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oooh, I never knew you collected Wizard of Oz things. How did I miss that?! This looks so fantastic! The colours really bring out the best in your collection!

Thank you so much for linking up to my 'Paint, Please' link party.

Sarahx

Michelle said...

Thanks Sarah, I'm loving it! I usually only get to talk about them around Christmas when I get new toys!

bj said...

Such a neat thing to collect.
Happy Rednesday..

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love the New Hutch ! I collect WOZ too, but it is here, there and everywhere . lol

My Reds

LV said...

You have a very nice home filled with many pretty red goodies.

Ann said...

Oh my goodness, you almost HAVE to be from Kansas. I am and I'm a hugh Wizard of Oz fan--come see my blog. I love all of your collectibles, love the way you have them displayed in the red hutch.
Ann