Friday, August 27, 2010
I decided to go with a paint technique called dragging to get the look I wanted, without the hassle. The hardest part would be picking out the paint colors. I think I've seen every paint sample in the greater kansas city area now. I finally picked out two I thought would work and set off to paint.
The first glaze I got looked orange on the walls. The second one looked green. The third one looked brown. They said it would turn out like I wanted, it didn't. Very frustrated at this point. I thought I'd mix my own. I did, but it was at this point I realized that my glaze would have looked better as the base and this yellow would look better as the glaze. So tired of painting the same room over and over and over. I just couldn't bring myself to coat this entire room again with a base coat.
This is the point I gave up. No, not forever, but for now. I simply do not have the time to keep playing with it at this point. I have too much else to do. So the room will remain this creamy yellow until some point in the future I think I can drag myself up and down the ladder again.