Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Where is the mailbox?

Why, it's right here in our local post office!

While this is certainly not the smallest post office I've ever seen, it is one of the smallest.

When we went in to get our PO Box, John the postmaster was working on his last day and looking forward to retirement. But in the few minutes we were inside filling out paperwork, he managed to fill us in on some of the town, the workings of the post office, and introduced us to our new neighbors that came in to check their mail.

 There are four parking spaces, and one of those is handicapped, the other is where the postmaster parks. So that leaves two. I think of going to the post office previously and thinking the twenty or more spaces they had weren't enough, lol. But no matter when I go, there is always room.

It has been suggested that we should have a mailbox though, if only for looks. I believe I saw one of our neighbors with one, but didn't really pay attention to it.

No comments: