Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

And the Yard tour continues

Can you see it over there? Let me take you a little closer
This is my favorite seating area. You can see the fencing we put up behind it (we're practically pros now). I can't wait to get the fencing painted white because I think it would make a lovely background for this area. Another must have will be something growing and climbing (and hiding the ugliness) on the fence line. The wicker is only temporary though. Not inviting to yard care, yanno? I have visions of lovely iron furniture here and the wicker will be moved to the gazebo when it's completed.
 This rocker was one we picked up for free. I haven't found the right material to cover it with yet, so it's temporarily covered with an old tshirt I was going to throw out anyway. The little gazebo is one I had that I just glued to a candlestick we had recently picked up for $1.
 This is one of the free windows we picked up. The sconce was in the house when we moved in and was horrid brass. Have I mentioned I hate brass? Anyway, it's a lovely color now and I've painted the light covers with glow in the dark paint. No, it doesn't glow for long. *sigh*  I think I'll use candles in them for any REAL outdoor lighting needs.
 This beat up rusty serving tray was something we picked up from a garage sale for $1. It's cute! But extremely rusty. It's also black (did ya notice?) and I'm not sure that all fits in with the area. I might paint it, I might not, jury is still out.
My favorite new piece is this chandelier! I have been looking for one for a project like this but unable to find one at a reasonable price (aka cheap!). We were out at a garage sale (with a pushy little woman) who was pointing out her lighting for sale. This was marked $15. I explained to her that I wanted one for outdoors and didn't want to pay much. She says "How much did you want to pay?" I say "$5" SOLD!
I hope the birds eat the bird food out of the globes evenly so it doesn't tip :)
Meanwhile, the wheelbarrow is looking pretty this year.


I guess I should also say something nice about the pushy woman (karma and all yanno). She must have seen my interest in old and vintage while I was eyeballing an adorable apron and mentioned she had some vintage tablecloths she put up. She got them out and was showing them off when I spied the perfect one for my sun room.

Isn't it gorgeous? She also threw in some handy tips for the care of them. Did you know that soaking them in either lemon juice or oxy clean and laying on a sheet on the lawn in the sun will remove almost everything? Hmmm, well I didn't, but I do now.

I joined this linky party:

Beyond The Picket Fence



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


3 comments:

BluBabesCreate said...

This is a great idea. Now I know what to keep my eye open for and of course who to reference back to. Thank-you!

Ilana said...

i like this a whole lot! the window and the bird feeder chandelier are my favorite touches.

Pam Kessler said...

The birdfeeder chandelier is adorable. Also like the window hanging there. Very cute.