Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

All Because of Valentine's Day

I had a few snow things I left out after Christmas to decorate the mantle and house with. But since Valentine's Day was nearing, I thought I would put those away and put up something "lovey". I started with my side table, I found several things and added a couple of new things and was "ok" with how it looked.






New ribbons on the candles.........





Kisses in the champagne glasses.......





Red bottles that I've been collecting.........





And some rose soap petals wrapped in red fuzzy goodness.......





Then I moved onto the mantle. I put things on it, moved them around, took them off, put more things on it, moved them, and repeat over and over till frustrated. I gave up on valentines on the mantle and decided to do something else. I had 2 ivy plants that were on top of a hutch in the sun room. They were hard to reach for me to water. Since I needed height on the mantle, I decided to use those and like how it turned out.





It looks better in person because you can see the glow of the "fire" and it doesn't look as fake as it does in this picture. And yes, that is the weather on TV showing more snow coming *sigh*

But now, the top of my hutch in the sun room was mostly empty and I had to fix that. So I started taking my birdhouses out of the window sills and from under and on tables and put those on top. I really like how that turned out.







I had planned on sharing more of my hutch, but after looking at how long this post is now, I think I'll save it for another day. I can't wait to show you my new sewing box, do you see it in the picture?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your birdhouses - those are so cute! Good luck with your clothes peg wreath!
Jenn :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I want some of those rose petal soap things. I;ve not seen them before. How completely perfet for rooooooomance!!!

Are you okay? You haven't posted in a little while...

Sarahx

Michelle said...

Sarah, thanks for asking! And yes, I'm fine, but winter in a new house hit hard including not having any heat so I'm just behind is all ;)