Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Sewing Box

There is a place in an old WalMart in a town close to here that is now a flea market. We went a couple of weekends ago to visit it for the second time. The first experience there was not a pleasant one. It is very unorganized and some booths look like they brought their stuff in with a wheelbarrow and just dumped it and walked off! But this time *sigh*, this time I found loads of goodies although I didn't buy them all (not yet anyway). One of my favorite things I found was a sewing box that now sits on my hutch in the sun room.
 The lid opens up to hold all the thread

 She is holding a thimble, and those are straight pins in the "flower bed"
It has a drawer on each side to hold more what nots and the sidewalk she stands on slides out to reveal a tape measure. Yes, I know I don't sew, but it's too cute not to have!

I also found two more ugly girls. I don't know why I'm attracted to these things, but since I am I bought them.
 That one is new
 And that one is new
 I used to have 2 of these, but a friend needed one so off it went!
And this one I've had the longest. Aren't they cute? Errrr, ugly?

No comments: