Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

As you may remember, a little group of Christmas Caroler's stopped by the Big Yellow House over Christmas and sang to me. I was very touched by this. I had no idea they were coming and wasn't prepared at all to offer them any hot cocoa or even a cookie :(

So instead, I thought why not go visit them today and ask them all to be my valentine? I didn't want to do the usual cookies or cupcakes and I had saved a fabulous baking site called bakerella and went there for ideas. I found some yummy looking red velvet cake balls there and thought I would make my own valentine version of them. Problem was, I waited to late and NO ONE had any red velvet cake mixes left! Oh well, strawberry is a valentine color so I just bought that! hmph

I had envisioned little red hearts on the sticks, but quickly nixed that idea and moved onto cute little kid boxed valentines, but wouldn't you know it? They were out of those too! So I found these adorable little hearts (25 for $1 at the Dollar Tree) and used those instead. I'm very happy with the way they turned out! Don't they look yummy?



2 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yummy! Please will you save some for me??!!

That's SUCH a sweet idea. What a lovely girlie you are!

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day too in your gorgeous yellow house!

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

I think her Mommy must have given her the gift. :)